WHO WE ARE &
WHAT WE DO
Pipeline Performance Group, LLC is a global Human Factors and pipeline operations consulting company. Formed in 2008, after several meetings at a small coffee shop in Kennesaw, Georgia, Pipeline Performance Group expanded to hundreds of projects with over 90 companies.
Our unique team consists of consultants with diverse backgrounds in pipeline construction, operations, management, training, corporate safety, Human Factors engineering, auditing, investigations, corporate events and health and wellness.
We are the only Human Factors consulting company that applies practical pipeline shift work experience, control room management and consulting experience with doctoral qualifications in Human Factors to the development of control room management strategies, pipeline Human Factors consulting and fatigue risk management programs.
*Current as of October 2018
In the Past 10 Years. PPG has...
- Developed/Improved 29 CRM plans, with additional CRM plans under review
- Conducted 225 workload assessments in 85 control rooms since 2010 with industry benchmarks
- Developed task-specific operating procedures and/or evaluated procedure programs
- Developed job descriptions and job performance criteria
- Performed Human Factors, safety culture, and organizational assessments of control rooms
- Worked with pipeline operations on safety-related and organizational improvements
- Provided Human Factors, incident analysis, and communications training for pipelines
- Developed and conducted training programs for American, Australian, Canadian, and Chinese pipelines
- Served on the API committee that developed the first edition of API RP 1167 for alarm management
- Reviewed and commented on the second edition of API RP 1168 for CRM
- Serving on the API committee that is revising the next edition of API RP 1165 for SCADA HMI
- Control Room Management (CRM), Controller Workload, and Training presentations at: the API Pipeline Conference, the API Control Room Forum, the SGA Gas Control Roundtable, the AGA Operations Conference, the MEA Operations Conference, the Western Regional Gas Conference, and the Pipeliners Club of Atlanta.
- Fatigue Risk Management Systems in US Pipeline Control Rooms at the 9th International Conference on Managing Fatigue in Perth, Australia.
- CRM Workshop for EUCI in 2014 and webinar for EUCI in 2015.
- Guest Speaker on Team Training for Pipeliners Podcast: Episode 21
Six articles related to Control Room Management (CRM) in The Pipeline and Gas Journal (2009-2018). Among those articles are Control Room Team Training – Creating a Culture of Pipeline Safety and Communication and Control Rooms: Mandated Training for Controllers.