Training, Procedures and Education
Pipeline Performance Group develops and evaluates procedures, job descriptions and job performance criteria for controller tasks. We provide training in several different areas, including Control Room Management (CRM), Team Resource Management (TRM) and Fatigue Management.
Pipeline Performance Group has developed and conducted company specific training programs. We have developed training programs and administered training for American, Canadian, and Chinese pipelines.
Four Hour Programs Offered:
- “Pipeliners Are Human” introduction to human factors
- “Managing Fatigue”
- “Professionalism in Operations Communications”
- “Organizational Learning & Incident Analysis”
- “Teamwork and Leadership Skills in Operations”
- “Control Room Management”
Eight Hour Programs Offered:
- “Pipeliners Are Human – An Introduction to Human Factors in Pipeline”
- “Team Resource Management and Non-Technical Skills for Control Room Teams and Pipeliners”
Custom training programs are also available, including basic and advanced courses for pipeline operations and maintenance employees. All programs include a presentation and materials for participants.
Pipeline Performance Group has developed task-specific standard operating procedures for control rooms and field operations, backup SCADA tests, evacuation plans, point to point tests, and alarm management. We have also evaluated the existing procedure programs.
Development and facilitation of meetings and workshops.
Subject Matter Expert Speakers
- Control Room Management
- Controller Workload
- Alarm Management
- Team Resource Management
- SCADA HMI
*Current as of February 2019